Today is the 10-day mark since "UNSINKABLE" was publicly launched.
What a whirlwind of fun the first ten days has been!
We've had 1 family party, 3 book signings, 1 newspaper interview, and sold somewhere in the neighborhood of 300 books. And we're just getting started!
But numbers don't tell the best part of all. The rave reviews and wonderful comments as people are finishing the book have put the three of us on Cloud Nine.
I really had no idea what people's expectations would be. I mean, I think it's a good book and Winnie and Judy think it's a good book, but hey...we're just a tad bit biased. We were sure that our closest circle of family would love it, especially since they know Winnie. But as the concentric circles ripple out to those outside of our closest family and friends, the reactions have been pleasantly surprising and validating.
So...the first ten days have been a very fun ride! I realize, of course, that we are in the midst of the peak of excitement and things will level off and calm down in the weeks and months to come. But right now, Winnie and Judy and I are thoroughly enjoying the rush of the ride!
If you haven't yet got your hands on a copy of "UNSINKABLE", I hope you will soon. There are several ways to get it:
1. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and for $16 (which includes postage) and I'll be glad to mail you a signed copy.
2. If you're in the Hagerstown, Indiana area, you can pick up a copy at The Logo Shoppe or Winnie's Used Cars.
3. If you're in the Middletown, Indiana area, The Flower Girl has copies for sale.
4. Both paperback and Kindle versions are available through Amazon.com. Just search "Unsinkable" by Terry Gray. Or...click on the book image in the upper left corner of this page and you'll magically arrive at our Amazon page. :)
5. There are a couple more book signings in the next two weeks. At both events, Winnie and I will speak for a short time at the beginning and then sell/sign books ($13) afterward.
Saturday, January 24 from noon-2 pm. at the Middletown (IN) Library
Tuesday, January 27 from 6-7:30 pm. at the New Castle (IN) Library
But this journey is nothing compared to the life journey Winnie has already led to bring him to this place. There would be no book without Winnie's trials and adventures...it is his story and I just happened to be the one who was privileged to put it down on paper.
Wherever the "UNSINKABLE" road leads us, we've already accomplished what we wanted to do from the beginning...to preserve the stories from Winnie's life experiences forever. Anything else is just icing on the cake (but y'all know how I LOVE icing!!!)
Winnie, Judy, and I are also available for programs at clubs and organizations, so if you need an interesting program shoot me and email. We'd love to share with you if we can!
The fun has just begun!
And that's my 10-day "UNSINKABLE" update!